247 Cars COVID-19: Response to UK Lockdown
A SEMI-LOCKDOWN HAS BEEN ANNOUNCED FOR THE NEXT 3 WEEKS
247 Cars Taxi Drivers Are Open As Usual During COVID-19 Outbreak
247 CARS DRIVERS ARE ALLOWED TO CONTINUE TO WORK AS THE UK GOVERNMENT DID NOT BAN TRAVELLING TO OR FROM WORK OR STOP PUBLIC TRANSPORT WHICH WE ARE PART OF. WE ARE CONSIDERED KEY WORKERS AS A LIFELINE TO MANY VULNERABLE & ISOLATED PEOPLE.
Although we are open we ask all of our loyal customers to think very carefully before venturing out. Ensure your journey is really necessary as we are operating on a reduced workforce with the added pressure of many smaller firms having closed down.
- OUR OPERATORS WILL BE ASKING NUMBER OF PASSENGERS AND EXPLAIN ONLY 1 PASSENGER WILL BE CARRIED SO WE DON’T BREAK THE “2 PERSON GATHERING RULE” ONE MEMBER OF YOUR OWN FAMILY WHO LIVES WITH YOU OR A CARER IS ALLOWED TO TRAVEL AS AN EXCEPTION TO THIS RULE. REMEMBER WE ARE TRYING TO IMPROVE SAFETY OF ALL CONCERNED.
- THE BEST AND SAFEST WAY TO BOOK A CAB IS TO USE OUR APP AND PAY BY CARD REDUCING RISK OF INFECTION
After the Latest UK Government Announcement
What is Allowed:
2.Exercise once a day
3. Medical Reasons
4. Travel To & From Work
What Is Not Allowed:
5. Gatherings of more than 2 people
6. Weddings, Baptisms
What Can Stay Open
7. Parks Open, but no gatherings are allowed
What Has To Close
8. Non Essential shops/Premises to close i.e electrical stores, clothes shops, Mosques, Churches, Temples etc
The above is not an exhaustive list and we apologise in advance for any oversight
AS THE GOVERNMENT HAS STATED THIS IS A RAPIDLY CHANGING SITUATION AND IS CONSTANTLY BEING REVIEWED AND WE WILL UPDATE FURTHER IF ANYTHING DEVELOPS.